Body Piercing Jobs
At Good Form, our goal is to provide our clients with a clean, friendly and professional piercing experience. We strive to be the premiere studio for dedicated, knowledgeable piercers and the very best jewellery in the world.
We expect our piercers to:
- Clean their station (including; mayo stand and chair) in the morning, and after every procedure.
- Take out their garbage and replace the bag.
- Introduce themselves to potential clients, and offer suggestions on anatomically flattering piercings and stylistically appropriate jewellery.
- Assist reception staff with all daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning duties.
- Track all sterilized instruments used in the Sterilization Log.
- Process and put away tools from the bioroom.
- Provide us with photos of their work that are clean and ready to use (no iodine or blood).
- Maintain a minimum of one personal social media platform for their work, and post 2x per week.
- At least 2 shop approved hashtags must be used in each Instagram post, and the shop tagged in posts at least once per week.
- Pursue ongoing education (ie: attend conventions, engage in online learning forums, take workshops, etc).
- Attend an annual first aid/CPR and blood borne Pathogens class.
And in return you can expect us to:
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Provide clients with aftercare handouts.
- Provide personal business cards that can be customized to your tastes.
- Edit all photos and post them to the shop's various social media accounts.
- Provide an annual allowance for ongoing education.
- Provide first aid/CPR and blood borne pathogens training through a third party.
Please note that Piercers often double as Receptionists, and must familiarize themselves with all administrative tasks including, but not limited to; responding to client inquiries, running Lightspeed, and closing cash.
Pay and benefits:
Body piercers are paid an hourly wage, plus a 10% commission on jewellery sales. Starting wage is $17/hour. Proven success on the job is more important to us than a strong resume, at the end of the 3 month probation period, hourly wage is negotiable based on job performance.
We are not currently looking to hire a body piercer, but guest spots may be available. Please apply with your resume, cover letter, examples of your best work, and links to social media accounts.